Monday, May 09, 2011

Split Second !!!

I came a split second – I mean a SPLIT SECOND – from biting the dust this morning !!!!

It was really foggy on the way to work this morning.  And, as usual, I was getting aggravated at all the cars and trucks that drive in heavy fog with their headlights off. 

On one particular straight away I was driving about 65 mph.  I usually drive about 75 on that section, but it was really foggy this morning.  Then all of a sudden there’s a white SUV almost COMPLETELY in my lane.  The passenger side tires were the only thing in the other lane.  And they were on the yellow center lines !!!!

I barely had time to hit my brakes and swerve to the edge of the road as I saw the blonde woman driving look up and realize we were about to have a hellova crash.  She swerved back toward her lane and missed me by probably less than a foot !!!!

I don’t think I would have survived that one !!!!

My first thought was “DAMN !!!!”

Then I thought, “Well that would have been over pretty quick.”

Heh, then I thought, “Everyone at work would assume it was my fault.”

Seriously, though, I almost bought it this morning …