Wednesday, May 04, 2011

Friends Are Forever

Shortly after I graduated from high school I moved away from the town I grew up in.  I had some very dear friends in my home town.  And I missed them very much.  Here's my question:

By moving away, did I lose those friends?

The answer is NO.  I did NOT lose those friends. 

I did, however, lose the almost daily contact I had enjoyed with them for years.  I missed that.  I really did.  Over the years the painful longing faded.  I was building my new life.  They were building theirs.  But so many times the oddest things would trigger memories of those old days.  A song, a situation, a movie, a smell, different foods.  Many times memories of my old friends were triggered.  I love that !

It was 25 years before I saw many of those friends again.  Man!  It was great to see them again !!!  We hugged.  We laughed.  We shared the crazied stories about the craziest memories we all shared.  It was awesome !!!!

And you know what I found out?  I hadn't lost ANY of those friends.  You know why?  Because friends are forever.