Wednesday, November 08, 2006

Evidently Not !

It's been a way too long since my last post. We're implementing major overhauls in our computer systems at work and I simply haven't had the time. I still don't have the time, but last night's election results demand comment.

My last post offered a generic campaign approach for Republicans to use this election cycle. The general idea was to ask the American public if, given the current situation, they don't think it wise to keep the "adults" in charge.

Evidently not!

Last night the American public all across the country SMACKED DOWN the Republicans.

As much as I hate the result - and I do! - I have to give credit to the Democrats for their victory. They relentlessly stayed on message. They were smart enough to run moderate and conservative candidates in most races. They framed the argument and, in the minds of most Americans, they won the argument.

That's the way our system is supposed to work.

I wish I had time for more commentary, but I have to get back to work.

Congratulations Democrats.

Learn your lessons, Republicans, and keep fighting the good fight.